Weʼre raising £12,000 to raise money for Autism Life Dogs to fund getting a support dog for my son George.
- Farnborough, UK
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
We are raising money to fund a support dog for George who has Autism. Autism Life Dogs fully train each dog to the specific needs of each individual. Having a support dog will help to:-
• Develop Georges communication and language skills
• Increase social interaction and participation in more varied activities
• Enable George to interact in games and develop play skills
• Give George an opportunity for structured interaction with his sibling
• Increase roadside safety and awareness
• Provide sensory input, especially deep pressure therapy as George seeks this constantly
• Provide a positive distraction for George away from repetitive behaviours such as head banging.
Training a dog like this costs a great deal of money and I am aiming to raise the £9000 that they ask for from each candidate plus some extra money as it costs them alot more than this for the training. I am running the Windsor half marathon and Lucas is doing the Pretty Muddy Kids 5k for this cause with many more fundraising ideas in the pipeline and we would be grateful for any donations made. Thank you.
Share this story
Updates appear here
Suzanna Smith started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Aug 9, 2018
To dear George, with love x
Aug 9, 2018
Wishing you all the best with your fundraising. Such a worthy cause, deserves all the support xx
Aug 2, 2018
Go Lucas! Love Jane, Ian, Katie & Ben xxxx
Aug 1, 2018
Jul 31, 2018
Well done guys sorry it can’t be more really hope you get what you want so George can get his dog x
Jul 27, 2018
Good luck Suzanna 😘
Jul 10, 2018
What a lucky boy to have such amazing parents ❤️
Become a supporter
Help Suzanna Smith raise more