We did it!

Claire Craine raised £640 from 29 supporters.

or

Start your own crowdfunding page

Closed 21/10/2017

64%
£640raised of £1,000 target by 29 supporters

    Weʼve raised £640 to help a friend who has been diagnosed with MND. The funds will go towards equipment & alterations needed at the family home & the MNDA.

    Location
    Barnsley, United Kingdom
    Time left
    Funded on Saturday, 21st October 2017

    What is crowdfunding?

    Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.

    The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.

    Story

    A close friend of mine, Paul, was earlier this year diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease. This cruel and devastating disease progresses over time and, once contracted, life expectancy can be between as little as 2 and 5 years. Paul is only 40 years old and has a wife and 2 young children. There is sadly no cure for the disease.

    The disease affects the nerves (motor neurones) in the brain and spinal cord that tell your muscles what to do. With MND, messages from these nerves gradually stop reaching the muscles, leading them to weaken, stiffen and waste.

    Myself, my husband Steve, my Sister-in-Law Jenny and Brother-in-Law Rob have together formed a team (Team Bant) and are looking to raise funds by taking part in a 5 Mile Assault Course Run called the “Major Series” which will take place at Bramham Park, Leeds on 14th October 2017. The course involves wading through wild terrain, muddy bogs and trudging through the trenches.

    80% of the funds raised will go towards equipment and alterations that will be needed at Paul’s family home, to help give Paul, his wife and two young boys, the best quality of life possible. The other 20% of the funds raised will be donated to the Motor Neurone Disease Association, to help find a cure for the disease.

    Any support you can give to this great cause, by sponsoring us, would be hugely appreciated.

    Many thanks in advance

    Updates

    0

    Claire Craine

    Updates appear here

      7 months ago

      Claire Craine started crowdfunding

      Leave a message of support

      Supporters

      29

      • Jenny Craine

        Jenny Craine

        Oct 15, 2017

        Well done to us all!

        £20.00

      • Andrew O'Dell

        Andrew O'Dell

        Oct 14, 2017

        Nice work "Team Bants". Hope that isn't a reference to Bradford City? Great effort for a great cause!!

        £20.00

      • Janet Todd

        Janet Todd

        Oct 14, 2017

        You can do it Claire xx

      • Craig Hemmings

        Craig Hemmings

        Oct 14, 2017

        Good luck to you all great cause x

        £10.00

      • Kelly Hammond

        Kelly Hammond

        Oct 14, 2017

        Good Luck x

        £20.00

      • Joanne Brown

        Joanne Brown

        Oct 14, 2017

        Good luck!!!

        £20.00

      • Clare Cook

        Clare Cook

        Oct 13, 2017

        Good luck to all of you xxxx

        £10.00

      Great people make things happen

      Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?

      Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!

      About Crowdfunding
      About the fundraiser
      Claire Craine

      Claire Craine

      Barnsley, United Kingdom

      Report this Page

      * JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.