Weʼre raising £1,500 to the cost of room hire for one year
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
“The Hangout” CYC
The Cleethorpes Youth Group started up in August 2017 and has now gained its independence and calls itself the “The Hangout” CYC (Cleethorpes Youth Club).
It was established to fill a local gap in youth provision and to meet the needs of the community. Young people now have somewhere to meet on a Friday night (two sessions for two different age groups) in a supportive and fun environment.
The group started with effort from YMCA Humber as part of the Humber Youth Partnership work, had some seed funding from Big Local North Cleethorpes and of course arose from the hard work of local volunteers getting it started.
BLNC has invested funds into the group and continues to support “The Hangout” with development support and access to funds if needed, but the group continues to become more and more self-sustaining.
More information about the group on this page but keep an eye on their Facebook page for the most up to date information.
“The Hangout” CYC is
– A constituted youth group with a committee of volunteers
– The name and logo were designed by the young people themselves
–Meet in King’s Baptist Church for two sessions on Friday evenings
– YMCA were instrumental in the start up of the group and continue their supportive involvement
– BLNC have been funding the room hire since the start of the group but this subsidy will be removed as the group becomes more and more self-sustaining
– Group is run by YMCA staff and BLNC youth development worker and adult volunteers from the local community
– Young volunteers are increasingly helping to run the club
– The Hangout provides activities that the young people have helped arrange themselves
– BLNC also funded initial equipment for the group (such as an X-box) but donations from businesses and the community are adding to this equipment and the group will continue to aim towards self-sustainability to purchase further equipment themselves
Share this story
Updates appear here
CYC The Hangout started crowdfunding