Weʼre raising £750 to give loneliness a kicking and help support younger people & adults from social isolation!
- Nottingham, UK
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
The Wolfpack Project is a new, ambitious UK-based charitable incorporated organisation (CIO) dedicated to reducing loneliness & social isolation amongst younger people & adults.
What We Do:
Provide our members with one-to-one support through our Buddy Scheme.
Identify the loneliest in society and help support them to engage in activities/hobbies, pursue their interests, attend events and access the one-to-one support of our Buddy Scheme.
We plan of develop a ‘’Wolfpack’’ group in our hometown of Nottingham - and thereafter across the UK - in which members can socialise with a wide-range of people who are also looking to grow their friendship and support networks.
Take away message? We’re different! We recognise that each and every one of us will have experienced loneliness and social isolation at some point in our lives (and we all need to talk about it more!). We’re here to promote increased social contact and a deeper connection with the members of the community around us.
● More than nine million people in the UK say they always or often feel lonely (Jo Cox Commission on Loneliness)
● 1 in 4 student have mental healths problems (77% of which have depression, and 74% have anxiety) (YouGov)
● Nearly half (46%) of UK students feel lonely during their time at university compared to 32% globally (HESA)
● People aged 16-24 are three times more likely to feel lonely than those aged over 65 (Office of National Statistics)
● 42% of British people say they don't have a single friend at work (Relate)
Please visit www.thewolfpackproject.org.uk and our Facebook page www.facebook.com/thewolfpackprojectuk, for more information!
Share this story
Updates appear here
The Wolfpack Project started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Nov 14, 2019
Sep 19, 2019
Good luck with it. Hope to link in with you in due course.
Sep 10, 2019
Great cause and idea
Sep 9, 2019
brilliant charity, lets all come together and help this charity make our childrens/familys lives a lot better!!
Sep 9, 2019
Aug 30, 2019
Aug 10, 2019
Become a supporter
Help The Wolfpack Project raise more