Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
What Are the Tommy Figures?
• The tommy figures are 6ft aluminium frame statues of the iconic Tommy Silhouette
• They are produced by the Charity Remembered
• Each statue costs £750
• The statues come with a base and can be put anywhere within the college
• The statues are long lasting and can be re-used by the college
• The figures are a moving tribute to fallen soldiers
The charity Remembered
• Remembered is a registered charity and a charitable incorporated organisation ( works with several other charities) The charity aims to commemorate the fallen and support the 2018 Armistice Project
• The charity aims to raise £15m by remembrance 2018
• The tommy figures are part of the “There but not there” project to remember fallen service personnel by highlighting their sacrifice for us
• The funds raised through the Figures are shared amongst the following charities
The Royal Foundation: Heads Together
Walking With the Wounded
Help for Heroes
Project Equinox: Housing Veterans and Medical Students
Commonwealth War Graves Foundation
Benefit for the college
• Fundraising allows students to use initiative and teamwork when planning events
• The figures can be re-used at each remembrance
• If the college purchases a figure we have the location of the figure put on the charities website
• The college would be helping several charities
• PR opportunity for the college
How you can help
• Support your child if they take part or seek sponsorship for an event
• Support those College run activities where you have the opportunity to do so
• Support fundraising through organising your own activities
For more information the website is:
https://www.therebutnotthere.org.uk/ and the gallery section contains pictures of the aluminum Tommy Figures.
Share this story
Updates appear here
Welbeck DSFC started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jul 7, 2018
Looking forward to seeing the Tommys on parade at Wellbeck and money to a great cause.
Jul 3, 2018
For our angel baby granddaughter Julia Evans who is a Welbeck student
Jul 3, 2018
For our wonderful granddaughter Julia Evans who is a Welbeck student
Jul 1, 2018
Jun 30, 2018
Sarah & Richard Tilling
Jun 27, 2018
Brilliant Idea. Lest we forget.
Jun 21, 2018
Become a supporter
Help Welbeck DSFC raise more