Weʼre raising £5,000 to help fund the fight against development of Tong and Fulneck valley by Bradford Council.
- Pudsey and Tong, between Leeds and Bradford
Don't have time to donate right now?
Bradford Council have made it clear in their Core Strategy Plans that they are considering the development of substantial new housing and a road in the beautiful Tong and Fulneck Valley.
This is despite two separate public consultations where the local residents overwhelmingly opposed any plans to develop in the greenbelt of Tong Fulneck Valley. The Council are under pressure to provide housing, and greenbelt land is much preferred by the property developers because it is cheaper to build on.
Register for updates at www.tongvalley.co.uk and like/follow us at www.facebook.com/savetongvalley. There are details about how to object to these plans (deadline 23 March 2021).
We have appointed legal counsel to fight these plans, but need to fund this work, which is generating substantial legal costs. Please help oppose Bradford Council for the following reasons:
- The Tong Fulneck valley is a precious treasure that should be protected and preserved
- The land provides a vital countryside 'lung' between Leeds and Bradford.
- The new housing plans are completely disproportionate to the total amount required.
- There could be even greater loss of countryside in the future. Bradford Council should first be developing crumbling brownfield and derelict sites.
- Tong Street, and narrow farm roads will be even more gridlocked than they are already. People in these new homes will bring little or no economic benefit to Bradford.
- The green belt loss will damage the heritage sites of Fulneck and Tong.
- The Council's documents now show that, even before the initial plans have been approved, another large area extending further into the valley has been identified as available for development' .
Share this story
Updates appear here
Elizabeth Edgington started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jon and Dawn Greenwod
Mar 25, 2021
Andy and Sarah Norman
Mar 24, 2021
Hope this helps this highly valued work
Mar 23, 2021
Mar 22, 2021
Mar 22, 2021
Mar 22, 2021
Mar 21, 2021
Keep going to keep our green spaces green!
Become a supporter
Help Elizabeth Edgington raise more
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
About the fundraiser
Pudsey and Tong, between Leeds and Bradford
I live in Pudsey with my family, and also work there as an Environment Consultant. I am a trustee of the Save Tong and Fulneck Valley and was very involved in raising objections to the previous plans Bradford Council presented.