We did it!

Tracy parks raised £540 from 23 supporters.


Start your own crowdfunding page

Closed 27/12/2016



£540raised of £700 target by 23 supporters

    Weʼve raised £540 to help Brody continue to fight his tumour

    Funded on Tuesday, 27th December 2016

    What is crowdfunding?

    Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.

    The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.


    After a long battle with asthma and uncontrollable diabetes brody was tested and was confirmed he had a very rare condition called Acromegaly which is a tumour on his brain that releases a growth hormone causing him to continue to grow, eventually causing his body to go into renal failure.Due to insurance Brody was able to go and have a major operation at the RVC in London to have this tumour removed. The insurance didn't cover the whole amount of the cost. There was a 90% chance this would work and he would be rid of the diabetes and insulin. Unfortunately Brody fell into the 10% the operation didn't work as a few cells were left behind causing the tumour to re grow.
    There is a human drug called pasireotide that is used in people with acromegaly and are unsuitable for secondary surgery. The specialist has used this drug in cats with a high success rate causing the tumour to stop growing and going into diabetic remission. I was originally quoted £3,200 for the drug that has to be paid for in bulk. I underestimated the cost and ended up paying £3.888. With no insurance left and still laying towards the operation I had to take on another little part time job which won't cover the cost that I paid on my credit card for the medication.Brody has battled so hard up to now and I can't possibly give up on him.



    Tracy parks

    Updates appear here

      2 years ago

      Tracy parks started crowdfunding

      Leave a message of support

      Page last updated on: 12/18/2016 7:59 PM



      • Julie Taylor for Corby & District Cats Protection

        Julie Taylor for Corby & District Cats Protection

        Dec 18, 2016


      • Megan Longworth

        Megan Longworth

        Dec 3, 2016

        Love to you and Brody xx


      • shirley culliton

        shirley culliton

        Dec 3, 2016


      • Elaine  Fortnum

        Elaine Fortnum

        Dec 3, 2016

        Come on Brody you can do it!! Xxxx


      • JILL HOYE

        JILL HOYE

        Dec 3, 2016

        For Brody...get well soon sweet furbaby xx


      • Valerie Combe

        Valerie Combe

        Dec 2, 2016

        Keep fighting Brodie. Much love xx


      • Susan Browning

        Susan Browning

        Dec 2, 2016

        Hello Tracy,This is from Denise and I to help with poor Brody's expensive . Not much but hope it helps. God Bless and praying for both of you.


      Great people make things happen

      Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?

      Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!

      About Crowdfunding
      About the fundraiser
      Tracy parks

      Tracy parks

      Report this Page

      * JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.