Your friends are fundraising. Don't miss out, opt in.

Voitek Korus

Voitek Korus is crowdfunding

0%
£2,367
raised of £10,000 target by 54 supporters

Weʼre raising £10,000 to help people with dementia

20 days to go

Don't have time to donate right now?

Story

Conquering Peaks, Conquering Dementia!

I am Voitek, the dedicated manager of the leisure club at Audley Redwood, Bristol’s foremost retirement village, with a heart full of empathy and a passion for helping our seniors continuing to maximise the pleasure for the remainder of their lives.

I am planning to exchange the familiar comforts of our gym, pool and spa facilities for one of Georgia's towering mountains – Tetnuldi 4,858 m (15,938 ft), ready to embark on a monumental challenge for a cause that is close to my heart.

In the last week of June I will confront some of nature's fiercest elements – altitude sickness, snow, wind, bitter cold, and icy ridges – armed only with ropes, ice axes, crampons and… plenty of snacks. It will be a journey fraught with peril, but it is a journey I willingly undertake in the name of a cause that cannot be ignored.

The inspiration behind my quest? It lies in the struggles of my own grandmother, who battled dementia with courage and grace. Witnessing her journey opened my eyes to the profound impact of this condition, not only on the individuals it afflicts but also on their families and caregivers. It was this first-hand experience that ignited a fire within me – a determination to make a difference in the lives of those affected by dementia.

In line with the Forum at Audley Redwood, I have chosen to support two remarkable charities on this expedition: Alive and Brace. Alive is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for older individuals and their devoted caregivers, while Brace leads the charge in ground breaking research to find better treatments, achieve earlier diagnoses, and ultimately, discover a cure for Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.

My mission extends beyond simply raising funds. It is rooted in empathy, humility, and gratitude for the invaluable lessons we have learned from our older family members. Through my journey, I aim to raise awareness about dementia and empower others to provide support and care for their loved ones with compassion and understanding.

So, I invite you to join me on this extraordinary adventure – whether through generous donations, heartfelt encouragement, or simply spreading the word about our cause. Together, let us climb mountains, overcome challenges, and bring hope to those who need it most.

With heartfelt gratitude and unwavering determination,

Voitek

20% of the funds raised will be used to cover trip expenses, with the remaining 80% to be divided between BRACE and Alive. Anything raised over the £10,000 fundraising target will be donated entirely to BRACE and Alive.

Please note. When donating to this outstanding feat being carried out by Voitek, please be aware that JustGiving try to include a 16% tip on top of your donation for overheads. May we suggest that you enter a fixed amount to suite your budget e.g; £1.50 towards their running costs and not their 16% tip as illustrated.

Share this story

Updates

0

Voitek Korus

Updates appear here

    3 months ago

    Voitek Korus started crowdfunding

    Leave a message of support

    Page last updated on: 7/14/2024 10.40

    Supporters

    54

    • Anonymous

      Anonymous

      Jul 14, 2024

      £25.00

    • Angela

      Angela

      Jul 9, 2024

      Fantastic achievement Voitek - Well done!

      £25.00

    • Jacqui

      Jacqui

      Jul 8, 2024

      A beautiful area but what tough conditions. Well done.

      £50.00

    • Anonymous

      Anonymous

      Jul 8, 2024

    • Anonymous

      Anonymous

      Jul 5, 2024

    • Sarah Stagg

      Sarah Stagg

      Jul 4, 2024

      £25.00

    • Andrew Egginton

      Andrew Egginton

      Jul 4, 2024

      Well done Voitek!

      £25.00

    Voitek Korus

    Become a supporter

    Help Voitek Korus raise more

    What is crowdfunding?

    Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.

    The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.

    About the fundraiser
    Voitek Korus

    Voitek Korus

    Report this Page