Cadi Jones is crowdfunding
Weʼre raising £2,000 to Build and develop WomenPresent: a platform to increase the number of women presenting at industry events
- 0 minutes to go
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
The WomenPresent team want to do something about the problem of gender diversity at industry events.
At tech conferences, you rarely see women on stage despite there being many women with significant experience in the industry, who are prepared to share their expertise. With our backgrounds in technology and advertising - and hearing from so many other people that they want the situation to change, we're optimistic that we can make a difference!
Launching in October 2018
Who are we?
• Tom Jenen, is an 18-year veteran of media and technology platforms, including Google, Admeld, Eyeblaster / Mediamind among others, and an early programmatic leader
• Susan Pierce, has spent the last 15 years in product development roles across advertising technology. She currently runs a software engineering consultancy for top tier ad tech clients.
• Cadi Jones, a key advocate for tech-fuelled transformation, also with 10+ years experience in advertising and technology, joined as Co-Founder as she was just as frustrated as Tom and Susan at the current situation.
We got together and decided to do something about it!
* Event organisers - making it easier to find women with specific subject-matter expertise who are willing to present;
* Women with expertise who want to share this in public forums;
* The next generation of female leaders who can take inspiration from female role models further on in their careers; and
* Everyone attending events, as diversity on stage leads to more interesting debate, discussion and insight.
As an event organiser, you always want to showcase the best of the best, and you're often looking for new and fresh voices to engage your audience. Sometimes you need to dig about in less obvious places to find those things. WomenPresent will help surface that talent in a transparent and accessible way,”
Rachel Smith, Chief Operating Officer, ExchangeWire .
How it works:
WomenPresent is a social enterprise aiming to increase women’s presence as experts on stage, whether giving key note presentations, participating in panels, or moderating panels. The site will have three core areas of functionality:
1. Event Organisers can register their event, and search using granular keywords to find women for their events;
2. Women can create their own profiles, outlining their areas of expertise, and other relevant information;
3. Everyone can recommend women with expertise, to prompt them to create their own profile.
Please support us in our efforts to build a working prototype of the technology, so that we can start to gain members, and make this real!
For more information, and for other ways to get involved take a look at the WomenPresent website .
Share this story
Updates appear here
Cadi Jones started crowdfunding