Weʼve raised £260 to buy books about diversity for My School which will help promote understanding and kindness amongst the children.
- Funded on Sunday, 12th September 2021
Don't have time to donate right now?
My name is Yaseen and I am 5.
When my mummy asked me if i would like to buy a book about diversity from my schools wish list I asked her what diversity meant as that was a new word to me.
She explained that we are not all the same and lots of our friends are different. Some have a different religion to us, some have different coloured hair or skin, I told my mummy about my friends at school who have hearing aids or come from a different country like India or Poland.
Mummy then explained that these new books will help me and my friends to understand those who are not the same as us and this will help everyone to be kind to each other.
I really liked this idea and asked my mummy if we could by lots of books but mummy said that would be very expensive so I said “lets do some fundraising then we can buy lots of books and everyone can be kind”
“Thats a great idea“ said mummy and she helped me put together my reading challenge which looks really tricky and I will try my very best to complete it.
Thank you for supporting me and my school,
1. Read to your pet. If you don’t have a pet, read to a soft toy.
2. Read under the covers with a torch.
3. Read a comic.
4. Read a book about animals.
5. Read for 20 minutes straight (or a time that you think is right for your child's reading level).
6. Listen to an audiobook.
7. Read a bedtime story to your sister.
8. Read a book from the library.
9. Read a book about your favourite hobby or interest – for example, football, art, rugby, superheroes or space.
10. Read a book with no words .
11. Read a book by Roald Dahl.
12. Read a book with a one-word title
13. Read a joke book
14. Draw a picture of a character from your favourite book.
15. Read an adventure story.
16. Read a book that your teacher loves
17. Read a book that teaches you a new skill – for example, a recipe book, or a book of magic tricks.
18. Read a non-fiction book.
19. Read a book by Dr Seuss.
20. Read a book with more than six chapters.
- 3 years ago
Cerian Sims3 years ago
Thank you so much to everyone who has supported me. I have completed 11 challenges so far and enjoyed trips to the comic shop and the library. Mummy also took me to the book shop to choose some books to buy. I’m still working really hard and only have 2 chapters left to finish of Matilda which I’ve really enjoyed having Daddy read to me. Today I will be reading a recipe all by myself and making something yummy.
Share this update to help us raise more
Cerian Sims started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jun 15, 2021
Brilliant. Well done! Say hello to Mrs Harrison from me! Keep reading! :-)
Liz and Bob
Jun 7, 2021
Well done Yaseen!
Nanny and grandad schaus
May 19, 2021
Well done. What a fab idea. Good luck we are sure you will smash it xxx
May 18, 2021
What a little star! ⭐
Mummy and daddy
May 18, 2021
Really enjoying reading Matilda together, so proud of you from mummy and daddy :-)
May 18, 2021
Well done Yaseen xx
May 17, 2021
Please share this idea with all the schools. It's great 😍
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding