About National Energy Action (NEA)
National Energy Action (NEA) is the leading national fuel poverty charity operating across England, Wales and Northern Ireland and with our sister charity Energy Action Scotland, to ensure that everyone can afford to live in a warm, dry home.
We undertake a range of activities to address the causes and treat the symptoms of fuel poverty. These include:
- Campaigning to ensure that the needs of fuel poor households are recognised and addressed
- Research and analysis into the causes and extent of fuel poverty and the development of policies which will address them
- Developing national qualifications and managing their implementation to improve standards of practical work and quality of energy advice
- Developing and managing practical demonstration projects which show innovative ways of tackling fuel poverty and bring wider benefits to local communities
- Specialist individual support and advice to those in fuel poverty and in fuel debt.
Our work encompasses all aspects of fuel poverty but emphasises the importance of greater investment in domestic energy efficiency.
National Energy Action (NEA) Registered charity number 290511