The BEN President's Annual Appeal
Event: Chris Gardner's fundraising
$291.08 raised of $106,123.48 target
$291.08 raised so far
How to make a donation
Donate online at - www.justgiving.com/BENpresidentappeal
By mobile internet Scan this code on your smartphone to go straight to Chris Gardner's page.
By text message to donate £10 Text ALYQ47 £10
When I took over as President in April this year, I did so in the knowledge that our industry and our trade charity will face significant challenge through the next few years as we all continue to fight in very difficult economic circumstances. Indeed this last year has seen many more businesses fall and many more people falling on hard times as a consequence.
It is times like this that make the Ben even more relevant as it strives to support the people of the licensed trade who have fallen on hard times and need support to help them through and/or to sustain a quality of life that may otherwise be unattainable. For me, working with the Ben and visiting our beneficiaries really brings this very much to life.
In the last year we have continued to make real progress :-
1. We have 127 pensioners who receive an annual pension and regular visits from our visitors – setting aside the financial benefit, the visit for some is a lifeline.
2. We issue one off payments to help with a variety of requests, from decorating rooms, to buying furniture, to providing transport and company to and from hospital.
3. We are in the phase one of the work at the 18 bungalows in Pitlochry, a programme of investment replacing all of the windows and doors – this will be completed this year.
I know that our industry is facing hard times, I know that year on year success is tougher to achieve, but please take a bit of time to think about the plight of those less fortunate, the people who have made a contribution to our industry in the past and who have fallen on hard times. These people need the Ben and the Ben needs you.
Please consider donating again this year. If you feel you want to talk to me about any aspect of our charity, call me on 07808 095864 or email me on email@example.com.
Gordon S. Bell - President
Charity Registration No. SC005604
It helps people who worked in the Licensed Trade and still work in the trade who have fallen on hard times
Donation by Tracey Tripp on 25/09/12
+ £7.50 Gift Aid
Donation by Iain Bett on 21/09/12
+ £25.00 Gift Aid
Keep up the great work you are doing to help those who have helped others with their service and hospitality throughout their lives.
Donation by Hipjoint Golf on 17/02/12
Long way to go to your target but every penny counts !!
Donation by Fiona Whitelaw on 19/01/12
+ £5.00 Gift Aid
Donation by Tracey Tripp on 27/09/11
- * Online donations$291.08
- Offline donations$0.00
- Text donations$0.00
- Total raised$291.08
- Gift Aid$72.77
* Charities pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.