First Marathon and its the London one!
Event: Virgin London Marathon 2012 on 22/04/2012
£100.00 raised of £2,000.00 target
£100.00 raised so far
How to make a donation
Donate online at - www.justgiving.com/Iwan-Roberts1
By mobile internet Scan this code on your smartphone to go straight to Iwan Roberts's page.
By text message to donate £10 Text IWAN81 £10
Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
So people! After years of 10ks and half marathons, I have decided to take part in the 2012 London Marathon in April.
One of the reasons is to raise money for the Lesbian and Gay Foundation based here in Manchester. The LGF campaign for a fair and equal society where all lesbian, gay and bisexual people can achieve their full potential, and their mission is: ‘Ending Homophobia, Empowering People.'
My training has already started after completing the BUPA Great Yorkshire Run 2011 in Sheffield and I am training through the winter to make sure I can complete the marathon and ensure I raise as much money as I can!
(Taken from LGF Website) Just remember...
- 1 in 10 men who have sex with men are living with HIV, and of them 1 in 3 in the major UK cities are undiagnosed;
- HIV stigma continues to be a debilitating social condition;
- Only 1 in 10 lesbian and bisexual women of the appropriate age have had a cervical screen in the last 3 years;
- 3 in 5 LGB people have experienced a mental health issue in the last 5 years;
- LGB people are up to 8 times more likely to be heavy alcohol users compared to their heterosexual peers;
- 2 in 5 LGB people use recreational drugs which is significantly higher than within the general population.
- Nearly half of all LGB people smoke, compared with a quarter of the heterosexual population and two thirds of LGB smokers have tried unsuccessfully to quit.
So please dig deep and donate now.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.
Raising money for
Charity Registration No. 1070904
The LGF promotes awareness, visibility & inclusion of lesbian, gay and bisexual people to achieve full equality. We support LGB people to increase their skills, knowledge & self confidence to improve their health & well-being. We aim to put an end to homophobia via our 'Enough is Enough' campaign.
Good luck babes. Love Rob xx
Donation by Rob Blease on 19/12/11
+ £2.50 Gift Aid
Run little man, run!
Donation by Eric Collier on 21/11/11
+ £2.50 Gift Aid
keep up the training and good luck
Donation by brenda roberts on 10/11/11
Good Luck Iwan!!x
Donation by Amy Sinclair on 08/11/11
+ £5.00 Gift Aid
Donation by Anonymous on 02/11/11
- * Online donations£70.00
- Offline donations£0.00
- Text donations£30.00
- Total raised£100.00
- Gift Aid£10.00
* Charities pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.