Sally Runs the Leicester Half Marathon 2009!
Event: Leicester Marathon 2009 on 11/10/2009
Team Members: Sally Sturgess
£95.00 raised of £300.00 target
£95.00 raised so far
How to make a donation
Donate online at - www.justgiving.com/Sally-Sturgess0
By mobile internet Scan this code on your smartphone to go straight to Sally Sturgess's page.
By text message to donate £10 Text £10
Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
On Sunday 11th October 2009, I will running the Leicester Half Marathon for the second year, yes the first year suffering from sore feet and aching thighs just wasnt enough, i'm a glutton for punishment!
This year I will be raising money for Home Start, a charity who help to increase the confidence and independence of families by:
- Visiting families in their own homes to offer support, friendship and practical assistance
- Reassuring parents that their childcare problems are not unusual or unique
- Encouraging parents' strengths and emotional well-being for the ultimate benefit of their children
- Trying to get the fun back into family life
- They may feel isolated in their community, have no family nearby and be struggling to make friends
- They may be finding it hard to cope because of their own or a child's physical or mental illness
- They may have been hit hard by the death of a loved one
- They may be really struggling the with emotional and physical demands of having twins or triplets - perhaps born into an already large family
Parents ask for Home-Start's help for all sorts of reasons:
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.
So please dig deep and donate now.
Thank you for your support.
x x x
Charity Registration No. n/a
'Home-Start North Down reaches out to over 100 local families every year - recruiting and training volunteers to support parents with young children at home. We support families who are struggling to cope because of illness, isolation, mental health, lone parenting, bereavement, domestic violence, disability, multiple birth or multiple children under school age. <p> Home-Start North Down’s work is simple, cost effective and it works. As one of our parents put it, ‘...you have given me friendship, help, advice and the support I really needed. Before Home-Start my life was in turmoil. I suffered from depression, low self-esteem, no confidence and I felt isolated ….. I had hit rock bottom. Home-Start helped kick-start the beginnings of a new chapter in my life’
"Chicken" feed to you Sal. Good luck
Donation by Shirley Sturgess on 17/09/09
+ £8.46 Gift Aid
Best of luck Sal x
Donation by REBECCA DONOHOE on 13/09/09
+ £1.41 Gift Aid
Keep up the training - you will feel better for it! Well done. Liza xxx
Donation by Liza Pursey on 10/09/09
+ £5.64 Gift Aid
Have a good run Sally - hope you enjoy it!
Donation by Marguerite Beatson on 08/09/09
+ £2.82 Gift Aid
Watch out for Freddie!
Donation by David SCOTT on 07/09/09
+ £5.64 Gift Aid
Good luck Sturgessx
Donation by Richard Beatson on 31/08/09
- * Online donations£95.00
- Offline donations£0.00
- Text donations£0.00
- Total raised£95.00
- Gift Aid£23.97
* Charities pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.