Medical aid for Syria: part of the Stop Killing Children Campaign
I'm holding a prize raffle for Hand In Hand For Syria because they are sending vital medical supplies to Syria.
£6,163.00 raised of £10,000.00 target
£6,163.00 raised so far
How to make a donation
Donate online at - www.justgiving.com/Syriamedicalaid
By mobile internet Scan this code on your smartphone to go straight to Medical aid for Syria -'s page.
By text message to donate £10 Text £10
People are being killed in Syria every day. This means babies, children, their mums, their dads, their wider family members - the killing is indiscriminate.
No matter how badly you're hurt, you can't go to a hospital. The military keep them under surveillance and injured civilians dare not seek treatment. And there's almost no medical equipment or drugs available where the shelling is happening, so for people who are critically injured to have any chance of survival, these supplies have to be bought outside Syria and brought in secretly, at great risk to those who do it.
Seeing footage of a baby with its foot blown off, screaming in agony, is someting I won't ever forget. Without surgical facilities, antibiotics, or the right sized cannulas to administer pain relief, that baby may well not survive. With access to some drugs and equipment, it stands a chance.
Hand in Hand for Syria, a charity run by a group of Syrian doctors based in the UK, is successfully operating inside Syria and the borders. But the supplies they need cost money. Helping to pay for them is something you can do that will quite literally, make the difference between someone dying and someone living.
If you can give the price of a £3 bottle of Calpol, we'd be thrilled. If you can give more, please do. We'd like to raise £10,000. Before you donate, please read instructions on how to enter the raffle in pink below.
- An hour's childcare fees @ £5 could buy a course of children's antibiotics
- An hour's babysitting @ £9 could buy a baby sized breathing mask
- A week's child benefit @ £20.40 could buy sachet of instant blood-clotting granules that stops a major bleed
- A day's childcare fees @ £40 could buy formula, nappies and other supplies needed to keep an injured baby fed and clean for six weeks.
- A month's child benefit @ £88.40 could buy a resuscitator
Money raised will go towards buying these types of supplies, and could also contribute towards the price of anaesthetic machines (£3,200) ambulances (£5,000-£7,000) and other drugs that will keep people alive for long enough for them to reach the relative safety of refugee camps across the borders.
Everyone who donates will be entered into a raffle with some fantastic prizes - see below.
UK tax rules mean that JustGiving cannot claim Gift Aid on contributions made for a raffle draw, so if you would like to be entered into the raffle DO NOT TICK the Gift Aid box.
Finally, I NEED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS in order for me to send you your ticket numbers AND contact you if you win! This option comes up at the very end of the donation process: after you have left a message.
If you forget to do this, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
For every pound you donate you will be assigned one ticket. To keep costs down, rather than posting tickets out you will be emailed with your ticket numbers.
The draw will be made in mid September.
- 2-hour coaching session from Learnflow with Monica Hernanz worth £250, to explore your career aspirations or get confidential guidance about a difficult problem at work.
- Dinner, bed and breakfast at Cotswolds hotel, Lower Slaughter Manor
- A week's stay for two people worth 1000Euros in award-winning reporter Sue Lloyd Roberts' stunning Mallorca hotel
- A basket of Fairtrade Divine chocolate
- Weekend stay at Rock Mill, Devon
- £100 voucher for dinner at Calcot Manor Tetbury, Gloucestershire
- £250 haircut from celebrity hairdresser Jamie Stevens
- A Stephen Fry signed autobiography
- Cupcakes Galore cookery course at Leah’s Pantry, Derbyshire plus one night midweek stay for two at Harrop Fold Farm B&B
- £1250-worth of People Tree vouchers
- Silver necklace by award-winning jeweller James Newman
- Selection of signed novels by thriller writer Mo Hayder
- Confiserie Florian goodies basket
- Set of five Sawdays travel books
- £50 Boden voucher
- Three hour 'breakthrough session' with wellbeing coach Eve Menezes Cunningham
- Candlelit dinner and canapes, bed and breakfast for two (midweek) at Combe House, Devon
- One-day course at Swinton Park Cookery School with Rosemary Shrager, plus Rosemary’s new book ‘Absolutely Foolproof Cooking for Family and Friends”
- £100 voucher from Me&Em
- Ethical hamper sponsored by Triodos Bank including: a signed Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall book and goodies from Neals Yard, the Visionary Soap Company, Cafedirect and Better Food
Thank you for supporting Hand in Hand for Syria through the Stop Killing Children Campaign.
My updates 7
Having just added the money raised from two fundraisers in August and September we have got to 60% of our target! More to come ...
Amnesty reports from Aleppo. Aug 23: "Among the victims of ... attacks were 10 members of the Kayali family, seven of them children, who were killed when their homes were reduced to rubble by two air strikes in the afternoon of 6 August."
On Saturday August 11 Hand in Hand sent another container-load of life saving equipment on its way to Syria. It included anaesthetic machines, baby incubators, monitors and an operating theatre bed.
Amazing new prize! A week in the beautiful C'an Reus Hotel, Mallorca. http://www.canreushotel.com/ Get donating and bag yourself a bit of Indian Summer.
Please do note, to be entered into the prize draw you must not tick Gift Aid. While this may mean no 'free' money for your donation it may mean more people donate in order to stand a chance of winning one of the many fab prizes. Tell your friends ...
Charity Registration No. 1145862
Hand in Hand for Syria is a registered charity established at the start of the Syrian uprising. We are a non-political organisation funded by public donations that provides medical and humanitarian aid to civilians. We are one of the few charities able to reach people both inside Syria and refugees.
Donation by Anonymous on 01/01/13
+ £5.00 Gift Aid
It is so tragic that these children are still suffering-so thankyou for making this difference
Donation by nicola clemo on 03/12/12
+ £12.50 Gift Aid
Donation by Anonymous on 07/11/12
+ £2.50 Gift Aid
thank you for organising this
Donation by Sheri Copeland on 02/11/12
This is a very needy cause. Good luck with all your efforts.
Donation by Anne Brooke-Smith on 03/10/12
+ £7.50 Gift Aid
Brilliant work Louise, well done
Donation by Robert Dyer on 28/09/12
Sorry you had to explain it so much, even with awful pictures. I'll tell your messages to others. Thanks, and good luck.
Donation by Keren Burney on 12/09/12
Hi Louise. This one is for the raffle :-) Good luck tomorrow! sorry we can't be the. J&L xx
Donation by John Stanton on 12/09/12
Diolch Louise. xxx
Donation by cae coch on 08/09/12
+ £7.50 Gift Aid
Really impressed by the great work being done to raise money and awareness. Hope this goes some way to helping.
Donation by SUSIE RIDDELL on 07/09/12
+ £3.75 Gift Aid
Donation by Phillip Inman on 30/08/12
+ £7.50 Gift Aid
Donation by Anonymous on 28/08/12
Hearts with Syria. x
Donation by Ellen Burney on 27/08/12
+ £25.00 Gift Aid
Best of luck and well done. I studied for some time in Damascus and am deeply upset about the tragedy consuming Syria. Thank you for your hard work
Donation by Abigail Jones on 27/08/12
Donation by Linda Tanner on 21/08/12
Good luck with the fundraising! xxx
Donation by Rachel Davies on 19/08/12
+ £5.00 Gift Aid
Good luck guys!
Donation by Tahira Butler on 18/08/12
Donation by Anonymous on 17/08/12
+ £25.00 Gift Aid
Donation by Eva Olsson on 16/08/12
Great work & good luck!
Donation by Katy Ellis on 16/08/12
Hi Louise - We can't make the 14th Sept event - but would really like to support you. Good luck with it x
Donation by Ruth Sparkes (EMPRA) on 16/08/12
+ £20.00 Gift Aid
Great idea, good luck with it.
Donation by Dominique Shead on 15/08/12
+ £7.50 Gift Aid
Donation by Jessica Burke on 14/08/12
Go Louise - a great cause, thank you for helping us to help the people of Syria.
Donation by Emily Fyson on 14/08/12
u hêvî dimînin go sorî vegere xweş u Geş ويبقى الامل بان تعود سوريا جميلة و امنة و تعود البسمة لاطفالها
Donation by Yasser Mohammad on 14/08/12
- * Online donations£3,068.00
- Offline donations£3,095.00
- Text donations£0.00
- Total raised£6,163.00
- Gift Aid£480.00
* Charities pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.