The Teachable Pahar Trust Nepal Partnership Programme
$47.12 raised so far
How to make a donation
Donate online at - www.justgiving.com/PTN-Teachable
By mobile internet Scan this code on your smartphone to go straight to Pahar Trust Nepal's page.
By text message to donate £10 Text WPKR96 £10
PTN - Teachable Partnership To Distribute Quality UK Teaching Resources to Nepal via the Internet
Thank you for taking the time to visit our Just Giving Page
Background on the Partnership
· Teachable has partnered with the Pahar Trust Nepal, a registered UK charity, to distribute online teaching resources to the Nepal education system
· Teachable has a unique, web-based platform for crowd-sourcing (from UK teachers), storing and distributing electronic teaching materials (currently there are over 2,500 lessons available in electronic format, consisting of over 6,000 Powerpoint and Word files, covering the UK teaching syllabus from age 5 to 18) (“Teachable resources”)
· Pahar Trust has in the last 20 years built over 80 schools in Nepal and undertaken numerous other projects, including teacher training (see overleaf for details on the achievements of the Pahar Trust in Nepal).
· To provide any school in Nepal, evaluated and proposed by the Pahar Trust Nepal as being worthy and reliable enough to embark on the project, with immediate access via the internet to the Teachable resources (which can be downloaded free of charge and used in current format or adapted or translated); with the aim of offering the resources to as many schools as possible, from remote village schools built by the Pahar Trust Nepal, to schools located in urban areas that may not have been funded by the Pahar Trust Nepal but where the need is just as great
· To provide the schools of Nepal with a private web-based network capable of storing and categorising electronic teaching resources to be accessed and freely shared by all participating Nepal schools, which shall:
1. be pre-loaded with existing Teachable resources
2. have access to new Teachable resources as these are developed by contributing UK teachers
3. store lesson materials specially adapted for the Nepal education system by Nepalese teachers
4. store new lesson materials created by Nepalese teachers
Charity Registration No. 1028469
Registered in 1993 the main focus of The Pahar Trust is raising the funds necessary and co-ordinating the construction of schools in remote areas of Nepal 41 Pahar Trust schools have been completed and opened. Several are under construction. 22 other building projects including health posts, hostels, halls and playgrounds have been completed.
Let's get resources to Nepal and improve the education children receive!
Donation by Violetta Konar on 01/08/12
+ £2.50 Gift Aid
Teachable will help in many ways
Donation by Nicholas Taylor on 19/07/12
+ £2.50 Gift Aid
From Colin Rushmere, for the exciting project taking Teachable resources to Nepal.
Donation by Colin Rushmere on 19/07/12
- * Online donations$47.12
- Offline donations$0.00
- Text donations$0.00
- Total raised$47.12
- Gift Aid$7.85
* Charities pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.