South London Theatre Restoration Fund
$764.17 raised of $382,084.22 target
$764.17 raised so far
How to make a donation
Donate online at - www.justgiving.com/sltrestoration
By mobile internet Scan this code on your smartphone to go straight to Robert Callender's page.
By text message to donate £10 Text £10
Every pound you donate unlocks £5 from the Heritage Lottery Fund!
The South London Theatre is one of the busiest community theatres in the country, staging over 22 shows each year with over 400 adult and 100 youth members. But for the last few years it has survived under constant threat of closure as a leaking roof and crumbling ceilings have made it ever harder to maintain the insurance needed to keep our building open. Passers-by assume the building is derelict, and with poor access and steep narrow stairs it’s been impossible to open the building to the public in the daytimes, and for safety reasons the theatre has had to operate as a members’ club.
The new support from the Heritage Lottery Fund offers the chance to change all that.
· The building will be fully restored and the front doors opened to the street, making the building once again a vibrant presence in the town centre of West Norwood.
· There will be a lift connecting all levels of the building and allowing people with disabilities to take a full and active role in both the theatre and other activities in the building.
· During the daytime the Old Fire Station will be open to the public and for use by community groups. There will be dedicated exhibition space and information throughout the building to help visitors learn about the Victorian Fire Service and its role in local society, as well as the more recent history of the building and its occupants.
· In the evenings the building will continue to be home to the South London Theatre, offering more rehearsal space, a social centre in the theatre's basement bar and the same number of exciting community shows in a newly-fitted, flexible performance space. At weekends the SLT Youth Theatre will continue to teach classes and produce shows with youngsters.
Donating through this site is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to support us: South London Theatre will receive your money faster and, if you are a UK taxpayer, an extra 28% in tax will be added to your gift at no cost to you.
Many thanks for your support.
Charity Registration No. 268210
The SLT has won HLF support to restore the Old Fire Station – we want to: • Restore the station and open its main front doors • Install a lift and improve access • Open the building for daytime use and learning • Provide new spaces for the SLT and youth theatre
Let's get started!
Donation by SLT Member on 30/03/08
+ £141.03 Gift Aid
- * Online donations$764.17
- Offline donations$0.00
- Text donations$0.00
- Total raised$764.17
- Gift Aid$215.53
* Charities pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.