This fantastic yet demanding challenge sees us depart Paris and spend four days in the saddle riding through the picturesque French countryside.
We'll pass through medieval towns, crossing through the famous vineyard regions of Burgundy and Champagne. The feeling of tackling the hairpin bends of Col de la Faucille (1,232m) is an experience you'll never forget! We then celebrate our achievements with a fantastic finish on the shores of Lake Geneva. What's more, you'll see the finale of the Tour de France before you set off on this adventure.
The money raised will help us continue to provide high quality, responsive care to patients and their families facing a life-limiting illness.
- St. Margarets Hospice is a Somerset charity we are not part of the NHS
- It costs in excess of £12m per year to run our service
- After NHS funding we still need to raise over £9.5m to deliver our care
- We care for people with any life-limiting illness not just cancer
- We support families and carers as well as patients
- 1 in 3 people in Somerset will need our support in their lifetime
- Last year St. Margarets Hospice cared for 3,800 people
- The majority of people are cared for in their own homes
- Over 1,200 volunteers help us care for people at the end of their lives
- 1 in 5 of our patients receive care, thanks to gifts in wills