Our target is to raise £200,000 by early 2020
Like many small charities we rely on donations from individuals to continue our work. Grant income and government funding is under constant pressure. We do our best to raise funds from corporate activity but this is unpredictable and hard to get. Meanwhile, we need over £1,000 every day to keep our doors open and our sports sessions running. Please show us your generosity. You can give whatever you can afford - every single donation goes towards supporting disabled sport in the community. Or maybe you would prefer to fundraise for us?
FUNDRAISE FOR US
There are lots of ways in which individuals can help raise money for Sportsable:
- Get sponsored: you dont have to run a marathon (unless you want to) - you can go on a sponsored diet, have a dry January, do a dance-a-thon or a sponsored walk or cycle ride
- Run a coffee morning or a cake stall
- Raise some money from work colleagues, a club you belong to or friends & family
- Volunteer to help us with a street collection or sell some raffle tickets
- Commemorate someone's birthday or give in memory of a loved one
Just know that whatever you can do will mean so much to SportsAble.
MORE ABOUT SPORTSABLE
We offer team and individual sports, at our site in Braywick Sports Ground or at visiting locations. These include Swimming and Watersports, Wheelchair Basketball and Walking Netball, Air Weapons and Archery, Boccia, New Age Kurling, Short Mat Bowls, Ten Pin Bowling and Table Tennis. Plus we have a weekly schedule of social activities, centred around our Clubhouse.
We offer programmes and training for adults and juniors and also provide support and advice to friends and family.
SportsAble's philosophy is that there is no such word as can't; whatever you want to achieve, we will find a way to make it happen.