Our Mobile Cancer Care Unit (MCCU), based at Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Caron, has been caring for the patients of East Kent for over 5 years, and has saved them almost 300,000 miles of travel and has had 4,500 treatments administered onboard.
It is now time for us to care for Caron, and give her a new and upgraded body.
Caron was launched in East Kent in November 2013 by Michael Keating, son of charity patron, Gloria Hunniford, and named in memory of her daughter, Blue Peter presenter Caron Keating, who sadly passed away in 2004 after a battle with breast cancer.
5 things you didnt know about Caron
5. Caron has been bringing cancer treatment closer to the homes of patients in East Kent for over 5 years.
4. 4,500 treatments have been administered onboard.
3. Almost 300,000 miles have been saved for patients.
2. Caron has saved patients 20,000 hours of travel time.
1. There is only 1 Caron. And we need to care for her.
We will provide the East Kent medical team with one of our reserve vehicles whilst work is being carried out so we can ensure continuity of service to patients.
Dont forget to Gift Aid when you donate! By adding Gift Aid to your donation, we will receive an additional 25p for evert £1 donation at no extra cost to the donor.