Muscular Dystrophy UK

Roarsome Rory's Raisers

Roarsome Rory's Raisers was set up by Mum Kerry Bentley for her son Rory. Rory was diagnosed with Becker muscular dystrophy in August 2020
£5,292
raised of £6,000 target
by 126 supporters
RCN 205395 (England and Wales) - SC039445 (Scotland)

Be a fundraiser

Create your own fundraising page and help support this cause.

Start fundraising

Story

Roarsome Rorys Raisers was set up by Mum Kerry Bentley for her son Rory. Rory was diagnosed with Becker muscular dystrophy in August 2020 and since then Kerry has thrown herself into fundraising and becoming one of MDUKs Family Funds was the obvious next step.

As part of the diagnosis the paediatrician told the family to go the the MDUK website and that was a life-saver. They had just three weeks to prepare his school, who had not previously had a child with muscular dystrophy, for Rorys arrival. The MDUK information enabled them to inform them about what to expect. Signs of Becker muscular dystrophy often include muscle problems, such as difficulty running, climbing stairs or getting up from the floor.

Kerry and husband John are looking forward to getting involved in more fundraising for MDUK, 80% of the funds will go towards research, with the remaining 20% held in trust for Rory's future needs.

About the charity

Muscular Dystrophy UK

Verified by JustGiving

RCN 205395 (England and Wales) - SC039445 (Scotland)
Muscular Dystrophy UK is the charity bringing individuals, families and professionals together to beat muscle-wasting conditions.

Donation summary

Total raised
£5,292.00
+ £649.50 Gift Aid
Online donations
£2,859.00
Offline donations
£2,433.00
Direct donations
£2,859.00
Donations via fundraisers
£0.00

* Charities pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.