In December 2018, over 150 amazing runners joined to #RunWithFriends and raised $30,000 for children and youth! After last years success, we are putting on our running shoes again and even expanding! Team Friends will be running in Cambodia*, Bangkok and Singapore!
Our challenge? Raise $40,000 to build futures and empower youth across Southeast Asia!
Despite increasing development across Southeast Asia, much of the population continues to be pushed to the side lines and marginalized from society. At Friends-International we support children, youth and families throughout Southeast Asia in building better futures. Last year our #EverydayHeroes at Friends supported an incredible 51,000 children and caregivers across the region, with 7,000 children supported back into education, more than 1,500 young people in vocational training or employment placements and 10,000 parents supported to better care for their children.
Our team is ready and waiting at the starting line! With you behind us we can keep these numbers growing to reach more children and youth across Southeast Asia!
Your donation at work
Every dollar counts, and we are extremely grateful for any amount of support! Here are just a few examples of the impact you could have:
$2 - hygiene kit for a child for a month
$10 - health care for a student for a month
$25 - one school kit (including a uniform, pens, books...) for a child to go to school
$50 - one month of vocational training for one student
$120 - accommodation and food for a student for a month
$250 - all costs to help one caretaker start their own small business
$500 - one year of sports and recreation materials for 250 students
How you can get involved
1. Help us change lives! To provide direct support to Friends-International's services, donate by clicking the 'donate' button at the top of this page.
2. Run with us! If you want to join team Friends, create your own fundraising page by clicking the 'start fundraising' button on the right - and register to any of these 3 races:
- Bangkok Marathon on November 17th
- Singapore Standard Chartered Marathon on December 1st
- Angkor Wat International Half Marathon on December 8th*
Let us know which race you want to join us at.
3. Sponsor from the side lines! Don't want to run but still want to participate? Ask a friend to run on your behalf while you take care of the fundraising!
From the entire Friends-International family, thank you!
NB: setting up a fundraising page doesn't register you to any race. For more info, visit our website.
*to be confirmed