Weʼre raising £10,000 to ThinkWell | ColdFeet Foundation | MathsMatters. Donate £3 (or multiple of). Ask a friend to donate. Share on social media. #thepowerof3
- Wimbledon, London
- Schools and education
- Time left
- 27 days to go
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised
This challenge is a solo attempt to complete 8 epic challenges across 3 countries in 13 days #tgbac
1. Raise awareness and funds for good causes close to me;
2. Highlight the stunning beauty in Great Britain;
3. Provide inspiration and adventure opportunities for more people.
The good causes (more information below):
1. ThinkWell. To fund places and workshops for this amazing mental health awareness programme for schools.
2. MathsMatters UK. Fund educational resources for children with educational and/or financial needs, and develop awareness and resources for the funding and use of text books in schools.
3. ColdFeet Foundation. Fund much needed literacy resources and librarian for a rural Nepalese school's library devastated by the 2015 earthquake. .
To support us:
1. Donate £3 (or multiples of)*.
2. Get a friend or colleague to do the same.
3. Spread the word on social media.
* Please state which cause you'd like to donate to in your message, or state 'all three' if preferred.
The Three Good Causes:
ThinkWell is a programme developed by the team who created 'The Stranger on the Bridge' documentary, and the team have developed a number of workshops using film to inspire empathy and understanding and develop empowerment in young people of key issues in our society. The ThinkWell Workshop is all about mental health. We are aiming to raise £3,500 to support a number of schools access these programmes.
2. ColdFeet Foundation:
The ColdFeet Foundation works is based in Nepal by an adventure and trekking company that develops and supports health, education and construction programmes for the benefit of rural communities.
We are looking to raise £3,250 during this challenge to provide a library for a rural school devastated by the earthquake in 2015.
Website coming soon. We are using our team to create the website for free for the Foundation. Hopefully online very soon.
A new initiative developed to support the teaching and learning of mathematics for young people in the UK. Our first challenge is to raise £3,250 to help provide young people and families with educational and/or financial needs with quality mathematics text books. We would all be shocked to learn how many schools in the UK, with the pedagogy intent, cannot afford text books. Future challenges will be include developing online resources for teachers, pupils and parents. Website coming soon.
Share this story
The Great British Adventure Challenge started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Aug 19, 2017
I wish you a successful trip and lots of funds for your charities.Catri (friend of Carmel's)
Aug 19, 2017
Good luck with your next part of the challenge!
Aug 18, 2017
A little half way encouragement.... hope all is going really well! You can do it! x
Aug 13, 2017
Good luck Sean. You don't do things by halves mate!
Aug 12, 2017
Aug 12, 2017
Good luck Sean - it's amazing what you're doing!
Aug 12, 2017
Hope all is going well so far! All for great causes. Have an amazing time. GOOD LUCK!!!
Become a supporter
Help The Great British Adventure Challenge raise more
About the fundraiser
The Great British Adventure Challenge
This challenge is a solo attempt to complete 8 epic challenges across 3 countries in 13 days. My aims: 1. Raise awareness and funds for good causes close to me 2. Highlight the stunning beauty in Great Britain 3. Provide inspiration and adventure opportunities for more people
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.