On the 10th June 2017, Graeme Lyons and Dave Green and are going to try and see and identify 1000 species (or more!) in a 24 hour period from midnight to midnight. All of it will happen in West Sussex (as that is where are chosen route is) although the challenge is open to other teams and as far as we know there are three other teams doing it in other counties. The rules are:
- It must be from midnight to midnight on that date.
- One vehicle and two people only.
- You can't split up so both people have to see each species.
- Traps can be set before midnight but cannot be activated until then.
- All microscope work and identification must occur in the 24 hour period otherwise it does not count.
- All records must be submitted to the local record's centre afterwards.
- Fund-raising for wildlife charities is encouraged, ours being for Sussex Wildlife Trust (most of our recording will be on Sussex Wildlife Trust reserves).
Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.