Thanks for taking the time to visit the BHIMS JustGiving page.BHIMS is the recognised community based mediation organisation for Brighton, Hove and Lewes. We have helped hundreds of neighbours, families, businesses and organisations resolve many different kinds of conflicts and disputes since our service began in 1993.
BHIMS like many voluntary organisations is always on the look out for different ways of raising money to support the work it undertakes.
We will be running a 100 Club. A 100 club is a small lottery whereby 50% of the money raised gets paid out in prizes and 50% gets re-invested back into the service to support community mediation. If we sell 100 tickets a month at £2 per ticket this would generate £2400 per year of which £1200 would be available as a prize fund and £1200 would then be reinvested back into the service – hopefully, we will sell more than 100 tickets thereby further increasing the fund.
The 2014 draws will take place on: 14th July, 8th September, 10th November.
1. Contributions should be for a minimum of £ 2.00 a month, you can contribute more per month if you want to buy more tickets.
2. We will assume that your donation will be divided into £2 tickets for the next draw. E.g. if you contribute £12 this month, this will buy 6 tickets for the next draw.
If you wish the money to be allocated in a different way e.g. one ticket for each draw then please use the notes section to tell us.
3. If you wish to pay by cheque, then they should be sent to the BHIMS Committee Treasurer c/o Brighton & Hove Independent Mediation Service, Lower Ground Floor, Ecclesden, Grove Hill, Brighton, BN2 9NG and mark your cheque 100 Club on the reverse and payable to Brighton & Hove Independent Mediation Service.
4. Each club member will be allocated a ticket number for each contribution of £ 2.00.
5. The winning numbers will be drawn on the dates above by a BHIMS Trustee.
6. The prize fund will be worth 50% of the draw income i.e. if we receive £100.00, £50.00 will be available for the prize fund.
7. The winners will be notified by post and paid either by BACS or cheque.
8. New members are welcome at anytime.
9. If you miss two consecutive contributions we will assume that you have left the club and your number will be re-allocated.
10. If the Trustees wish to close the club we will provide two months written notice to all active participants, any monies paid in advance beyond that period will be refunded.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to BHIMS. So it’s the most efficient way to donate – saving time and cutting costs for the charity.
11. The 100 Club will operate as a Small Lottery as defined by the Gambling Act 2005.Unfortunately, Charities are not allowed to claim Gift Aid on Lottery tickets but if you wish to make a donation so we can take advantage of the Gift Aid process, then please use the link here https://www.justgiving.com/brightonandhoveims/
(Most charitable donations can be subject to Gift Aid which is a scheme for gifts of money by individuals who pay UK
tax. Gift Aid donations are regarded as having basic rate tax deducted
by the donor. Charities take your donation - which is money
you've already paid tax on - and reclaim the basic rate tax from HM
Revenue & Customs (HMRC) on its 'gross' equivalent - the amount
before basic rate tax was deducted.
Basic rate tax is 20 per cent, so this means that if you give £10 using Gift Aid, it’s worth £12.50 to the charity.)