In November 2015 our friends, Grant and Nikky Easingwood, received the devastating news that Nikky had a stage 4 brain tumour. Sadly, despite great care and support Nikky passed away in July this year leaving behind a loving husband and two sons, Logan and Cairn who are a credit to them both.
For the last 11 weeks of her life she was cared for by Marie Curie in Edinburgh and that warmth and support extended to the whole family. It is Grant's wish that we raise money for Marie Curie in her memory so that others can receive the same support through some of the hardest times anyone can experience.
The Edinburgh Hospice alone costs £12,939 per day to run, of which Marie Curie pays £6,175 (or £4.7m per annum)
We have committed to run 12 half marathons (one a month) over the next 12 months to raise the profile of the great work the team do (and in particular the Edinburgh team). For some reason we have also swapped out one of the half's for a full marathon in London.
The schedule will be:
• August Dublin (Ireland) - done!
• September Dallas (Texas) - done!
• October Jedburgh - done!
• November Conwy (Wales) - done!
• December Lancaster - done!
• January Preston - done!
• February Barcelona (Spain) - done!
• March Inverness - done!
• April London - Virgin London Marathon
• May Edinburgh - Ailsa, Edinburgh Marathon. Iain, Edinburgh Half
• June Swansea
• July Iain, Dundee Half. Ailsa, Clyde Stride Ultra (40 miles)
The schedule requires 2,008 miles by road and 12,964 miles by air (and several beers/glasses of wine).
please do everything you can to support the cause
Iain and Ailsa