Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
In October 2010 I reached the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro and in the process raised £3900 for Macmillan Cancer Support. Not content with this, and wanting to raise even more money and awareness for this fantastic charity, I have now set my sights on a new and much bigger challenge. This will see me complete 12 physical challenges culminating in a 12 day trek to Everest Base Camp in March 2013.
Challenges will include hiking and running over various distances and in a wide variety of locations from the picturesque Normandy countryside to the Khumbu Glacier of Everest!
click on a link to find out more details about the challenge
1) 18/06/11 - ITEX Jersey Around Island walk (48.1 miles) Completed in 14:40:21
2) 30/10/11 - Bupa Great South Run (10 miles) Completed in 1:28:29
3) 15/04/12 - Brighton Marathon (26.2 miles) Completed in 4:13:52
4) 13/05/12 - Marathon Mont Saint Michel (26.2 miles) Completed in 4:24:55
5) 2/06/12 - S.A.R.K 10 Running Race (10 miles) Completed in 1:37:40
6) 23/06/12 - Isle of Man Parish Walk (85 miles) Retired at 39 miles (10:18:30) due to knee injury
7) 21/07/12 - 10 Peaks Challenge (45 miles, 5600m of ascent) 9 Completed in 17.5 hours
8) 16/09/12 - Bupa Great North Run (13.1 miles) Completed in 1:47:30
9) 30/09/12 - Robin Hood Half Marathon (13.1 miles) Completed in 1:48:00
10) 7/10/12 - Jersey Marathon (26.2 miles) Completed in 4:17:35
11) 22/12/12 - Jubilee Greenway dressed as Santa (37 miles) Completed in 11:20:00
12) 23rd March 2013 - Everest Base Camp Completed on 3rd April 2013
In case you don't know, Macmillan is a UK charity (also operating in Jersey) providing expert care and practical and emotional support which is changing the lives of people living with cancer today. The money raised will be used to fund specialist Macmillan nurses and doctors who deliver the best in cancer care, build vitally needed cancer care centres and give financial help to those who need it most. Cancer now affects one in three people in the UK, so we will all at some time be affected by it either directly, or indirectly through family members, friends or loved ones.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.
So please dig deep and donate now.