Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
Myself, Andrew and Lea wanted to do a challenge which is quite out of our comfort zone, but achievable after quite a bit of training and to raise money for a good cause.
We will be cycling the Avenue Verte which is a cycle route between London and Paris. According to Google the shortest route is approximately 175 miles, I'm sure after we've taken a few wrong turns this will end up being quite a bit more..
Dementia affects over 850,000 people in the UK and numbers are increasing
· Around 36% of the UK population know a close friend or family member with dementia
· At £23.6 billion each year, dementia costs the UK economy more than cancer and heart disease combined
· £20 could fund one hour of vital research
· £50 could provide access to specialist equipment for studying cells
· £120 could support complex protein analysis
· £300 could pay for a genetic test to help identify risk genes
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity. So it’s the most efficient way to donate – saving time and cutting costs for the charity.