Thank you for visiting our page.
Last November a very good friend of mine very sadly gave birth to a still born baby girl. She was named Bumble Bee, as this was the nickname given to her during the pregnancy. Baby Bumble was full term when she was born and up to that point her mum had had a normal and healthy pregnancy.
As you can imagine Bumbles death was a heartbreaking shock to everyone and not a day goes by where she is not in the thoughts of the family and friends that were so looking forward to meeting her.
Sadly we are unable to change the outcome for Baby Bumble, but the reality is that a number of stillborn deaths could be prevented. It may shock you to hear that the UK has one of the highest stillbirth rates in the developed world - 17 babies are stillborn or die shortly after birth EVERY SINGLE DAY! The charity SANDS does a tremendous job of supporting parents and funding research to help reduce the unacceptable levels of baby loss.
Therefore, me and my fabulous running buddy Ginny Westlake, have decided to run, not only one half marathon to raise funds, but 3 half marathons...in 3 weeks!! Whilst we have both ran Half Marathons in the past, these have been hard slogs for us so running 3 in 3 weeks is going to be a big challenge. We hope to raise as much money as we can for SANDS who provide support to parents and families at a very painful and emotional time.
If you have read this far please dont click away! Please press the donate button and donate whatever amount you can, no matter how small, to this wonderful charity.
I have listed below how the money raised can help Support SANDS.
• £5 could provide a bereavement support pack to a bereaved parent
• £12 could provide dedicated telephone or email support and a bereavement support pack to a bereaved parent or family member
• £20 could provide a copy of Sands Guidelines for Professionals and a copy of each of our leaflets to a student midwife
• £25 could provide one Always Loved Never Forgotten Memory Box and a bereavement support pack to a bereaved family.
• £85 could pay for 17 bereavement support packs to a hospital
• £425 could provide 17 bereaved families each with a bereavement support pack and an Always Loved Never Forgotten memory box
• £1,000 could enable a local Sands group to be set up and run for 12 months to provide families with monthly support meetings and telephone support in their area
• £1,250 could provide training for 10 new Befrienders to support families in their area
• £1,400 could provide Sands Guidelines Training for ten health professionals
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!