We’re proud of the work BT is doing to support our nation’s Emergency Services.
- We’re building the Emergency Services Network (ESN) – a new resilient national mobile network, giving 300,000 critical emergency workers access to 4G voice and data for the first time.
- All UK emergency 999 calls are handled via six specialist BT Call Centres. Connecting people in distress to the correct emergency agencies within seconds of their call, operating 365 days 24/7.
- Staff volunteering for Emergency Services roles are supported by the company with up to 10-days paid leave.
We're honoured to have this level of support from our employer and feel passionate about making our own personal commitments back to the brave Emergency Services teams who keep us all safe.
We want to say thank you for the work they do and the sacrifices they, and their families, make.
Join us in commemorating official 999 Day. https://www.999day.org.uk/about/
- Mark your calendar and observe the 2-minutes silence at 09:00am 9th September 2019
- Donate £2 to the 999 Cenotaph appeal (even better if it’s a £9.99 donation!)
- Spread the word - encourage family and friends to show their appreciation and respect for our Emergency Services.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast, totally secure and tax efficient. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity.