Thanks for taking the time to visit our JustGiving page.
We are asking for sponsorship to support the Challenge Cancer Appeal (Bedford Hospital Primrose Cancer Unit). See link to website ..
Last year we rode the London to Brighton off road 70 mile challenge with one of our friends, Chris Gray, who was undergoing treatment for stomach cancer. Despite his diagnosis, he cycled 70 miles from London to Brighton to raise money for the Primrose Cancer Unit and Bedford hospital as a thank you for treating him. He sadly lost his battle with cancer in January this year.
On 16th July 2016 his friends are riding again, this time from Land's End to John O'Groats to continue the fundraising for Bedford Hospital Primrose Cancer Unit Challenge Cancer Appeal.
We are seven riders, Nick Hart, Colin Hammond, JP Williams, Mark Apicella, Mick Hutchins, Alan Godfrey and Alistair McGuinness; who is travelling from Australia to take part!
All of us have been affected by cancer, losing family members and/or friends so this fundraising is very important to us.
Please, please support us by donating!
Challenge Cancer Appeal
It is called the The Challenge Cancer Appeal.We will be spending over half the money to improve services at the Primrose Unit
- By extending the Primrose Unit to make room for four more much-needed chemotherapy treatment stations
- By linking the Primrose Unit to the chemotherapy preparation area of the Pharmacy Department which will save valuable time for patients attending Primrose
- By making internal alterations to increase the capacity of the Primrose Unit.
- The remainder of the money will be spent on
- Purchasing new specialist equipment for diagnosing gynaecological and breast cancer
- Creating quiet rooms in the main ward block for patient counselling
- Purchasing workstations to provide on screen images for x-rays and cancer scans: these images will be immediately available to the doctors at their desks
- Improving and further developing the fantastic Primrose Car Services for cancer patients travelling to Addenbrookes Hospital.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity. So it’s the most efficient way to donate – saving time and cutting costs for the charity.