I will match every donation made! Please help me give hope to all the people displaced by the worst natural disaster in recent history to hit the Bahamas. Thank you!
Hurricane Dorian unleashed catastrophic damage in Bahamas, the strongest hurricane to make landfall in the Atlantic basin since 1935.
70,000 people in the Bahamas are in need of humanitarian aid, says the UN.
- Damage to the airport, harbor is blocking relief efforts
- Food, clean water, medicines needed urgently
- Rescuers are reaching people on boats, jet skis
- Roofs ripped off many houses
- Floods have completely submerged many homes
- Huge damage to infrastructure, power cables
- Many people left homeless
The death toll in the Bahamas has jumped to 50 and is expected to rise significantly.