Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
I am running in the Loch Ness Marathon 5k this September, which is a MASSIVE challenge for me.
I have worked in mental health over the last decade, and have seen the devastation that mental illness can cause. I have friends and family who have been affected by this 'invisible' illness and know first hand how important diagnosis, support and understanding is.
1 in 4 people will experience mental health issues at some point in their lives, and yet it is still something we as a society fail to respond to positively and without discrimination.
You can see what the charity stands for here:
They provide support across the whole of Scotland through the following activities:
- Accessible open drop-in resource centres
- Group work to develop skills, learning, and employability
- Physical activity and healthy eating programmes to improve general well-being
- Emotional support, including one to one support, stress management, counselling and developing coping skills
- Information and guidance on issues like benefits, and housing support.