Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
I'm the Fat Runner - you can read more about me on my blog: The Fat Runner. I've been running for a few years and have never run (slowly) more than a 10k. To give me a reason to push myself further I have decided to do a half marathon in 2010. And to make sure I don't back out, I'm asking for your sponsorship - the charity I've chosen is Save the Children.
About Save the Children
Save the Children is the world's independent children's charity. They are devoted to helping the millions of children are still denied proper healthcare, food, education and protection and are working flat out to get every child their rights.
Furthermore, as a large and professionally-managed charity, more of your money goes directly to helping children. In fact, 83% of all donations is spent on charitable expenditure directly benefitting children. If you're a UK tax-payer, the government will add the tax back to your donation, meaning that in effect they will pay the other 17%, and all of your money goes directly to children.
How to Donate
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.
So please dig deep and donate now!