Thank you for taking the time to visit the GAFT JustGiving page. The UK’s Grain and Feed Merchants are pulling together to raise money for the Farming Community Network (FCN), by cycling in a relay around the principal Feed Mills, Ports, Grain stores and supply trade businesses sites in the UK.
The event is identified as a UK Regional Grain and Feed Trade Associations fund raising event.
The event will start in London on the 19th of June 2018 with the riders covering around 100 miles a day, to complete a total mileage of just under 4,000 miles.
The Grain and Feed Trade is an integral part of the UK’s Farming Community and the aim of this event is to raise the awareness of farming issues, while at the same time raise funds to provide future support for all members of the Farming Community and their families.
All monies raised will be donated to the FCN, as it’s a charity that supports the Farming Community through times of stress, anxiety, depression affecting both farm households and farm businesses, working with and supporting them as they seek to resolve their problems.
The FCN works with the Rural Support Northern Ireland (RSNI), Royal Scottish Agricultural Benevolent Institute (RSABI), Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institute (RABI) as well as the Addington Fund to name but a few.
The FCN volunteers deal with approximately 2,500 cases per year, with around 6,000 people per year benefiting from the support of FCN. They receive around 150 calls a month to their helpline (open 07:00 to 23:00 every day of the year) as well as 150 to 200 direct enquiries from local stakeholders every month.
So why do we need your help?
- With British farming facing deep uncertainty in the coming years, the workload of FCN volunteers is expected to increase significantly.
- FCN relies solely on donations and grants in order to support the farming community.
- Its costs approximately £1,500 per day to run the organisation.
- They work very closely with other charities to deliver the support to the Farming community.
- The majority of the FCN’s income is spent on running the national helpline, insurance, training and covering the Volunteer’s expenses
Thank you very much for your support to this fantastic cause, Your donation truly means so much to the Grain and Feed Trade and the Farming Community Network. Every single penny donated is appreciated as the FCN relies solely on donations and grants to support the farming community.