- HOW TO JOIN IN IS BELOW -
It's Mental Health Awareness Week (every week should be) and we're running a little campaign to raise awareness and money for Mind - who help those with mental illnesses. As some of you know we have faced terrible losses in the past month, people very close to many of us. This ends now. It's time to talk.
Social media, actually any form of media effects they way you think and the person you become. In itself, media can greatly affect someone's state of mind, for better or worse. We wanted to take a social platform and bring some good to it.
The campaign is called #HappyPlaces and was conjured up by a close friend of mine and myself. The idea of #HappyPlaces is for you to upload a picture of your happy place, either with you in it or even an old photo from a great memory to Instagram, using the hashtag. This should be where you go in times of need, during any battle with a mental issue or even in times of stress, let us know your story. Your #HappyPlace makes you feel better and it could work for others.
A lot of people don't know this sort of thing exists for people suffering from mental health issues and it's a good way to attract people's attention. SO how can you help?
- Instagram - the main bulk of this idea comes through Instagram involvement. Use #HappyPlaces to show the world where you go in times of need, tell us the fears you face, it could help someone in the same situation who's looking for a happy place.
- Facebook - Once the first Instagram post is out, there will be a link (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207058146890877&set=a.10203638611004617.1073741826.1796720649&type=3&theater) for you to share, raising both awareness of the cause/campaign and offering the chance to donate to others.
- Twitter - Once the first Instagram post is out, there will be a link (https://twitter.com/panoparker/status/861637209102974976) for you to share, raising both awareness of the cause/campaign and offering the chance to donate to others.
- Donate - MIND are an amazing charity I have spoken to ahead of this, we are trying to raise awareness and help fund them to make the change. Any donations are welcome.
- Talk - please, you are never alone.