Thanks for taking the time to visit our JustGiving page. Please donate here directly, set up your own or a team page (instructions below) or by text - send a message to 70070 with our code OXHH99 followed by £2 or whatever amount you wish. All done in a jiffy!
On 24 September 2016 we will be hiking 3, 5, 8, 14 & 20 miles around the beautiful Hertfordshire countryside to raise money for Oxfam. This year we will be supporting the “Weather proofing” project in Honduras where farming families on the frontline of climate change are helped to feed themselves despite more frequent droughts and floods.
“This project works with both women and men on livelihoods, natural resource management, and gender training to make sure that farming families have enough to eat, now and in the future”
Hector Ortega, Oxfam Programme Manager.
- Support communities to plan for extreme weather and manage natural resources sustainably
- Strengthen household livelihoods and reduce the risk of food shortages
- Boost co-operation between communities, the government, and civil society organisations on climate change policy, and push for increased support.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity. So it’s the most efficient way to donate – saving time and cutting costs for the charity. Also why not consider asking your employer to get involved through Match Funding?
To set up a Your Own or a Team Page please follow these instructions to ensure all your funds raised go directly to the Honduras Project:
- Once in JustGiving press the orange "Get Started" button. Log in, or set up an account if you are new to JustGiving – NB this login is essential to make sure your funds go to the Honduras Project.
- Click the orange button “Start Fundraising" at the top of the page
- On the next page, enter "Oxfam" into the search box.
- Several “Oxfam” options appear, click on the Oxfam (United Kingdom) - 1st in the list.
- Click on the blue button in the top section “Taking part in an event”.
- A drop-down list of events appears in date order, scroll down to Sept 24th and find Oxfam Herts Hike 2016, click "Select".
- You then get your page displayed, ready for you to choose a name etc.
- Once you have set up your own page you can set up a Team Page - scroll to the end & click on the blue button "Start a Team"
- You can also set up TextGiving and choose your own code for it.