Thank you for taking time to look at my Just Giving Page.
On the 4th of June I will be taking part in the Ramathon for the second time.
The annual running event, one of the flattest in the country, will see thousands of runners gather in the city to take part in the half marathon which will start and finish at Derby County’s Pride Park Stadium.
Each year I choose to raise money for a charity. This year I have chosen to raise money for Safe And Sound.
SAFE AND SOUND PROVIDES:
- Specialist one-to-one support for young victims and those at risk of child sexual exploitation within Derby and Derbyshire.
- An Independent Sexual Violence Adviser service that provides specialist support for young victims of child sexual exploitation who are going through the Criminal Justice System (CJS).
- Preventative education and awareness raising in schools and other settings, nationally.
- Multi-agency support in partnership with statutory and voluntary bodies such as the police and social services to support young people and bring justice to perpetrators.
- Nationwide training and consultancy for practitioners working with children, vulnerable young people and families through our training arm justWhistle.
- Knowledge and expertise to inform local and national policy to tackle child sexual exploitation.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you can help me towards my target.