In 2010 I started to raise money for Willow Burn Hospice by running 10 half marathons in 8 months in 10 different countries. The running has never stopped, so as I am now in my 50th year on the planet I intend to raise money again for Willow Burn by completing the following challenge:
- Run 50 Half Marathon before my 50th birthday (44 completed between 2010 and 2016)
- Run a half marathon in every country in Western Europe (Austria, Wales, Luxembourg, Germany and Denmark still to do)
- Cycle the Coast to Coast from Whitehaven to North Shields
- Climb 50 Wainwright Peaks in the Lake District
- Complete my 50th Half Marathon in the middle of winter, in the Artic Circle, on ice and in the dark
- Finally the biggest challenge is to be still alive at the end of it.
12 months of running, cycling and climbing awaits