Thanks for taking the time to visit our JustGiving page.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.
As a growing company we are committed to employee fitness and long-term well being as well as supporting our community and raising money for charity.
At the beginning of the year, we picked Cancer Research UK as our chosen charity for 2017 and set ourselves a goal to raise £10,000 for this charity that helps so many. Already, we have well exceeded that target and have currently raised over £15,000!
Now we want to reach £20,000!
Our latest event was the Flintshire 10k Road Race...a team of 45 staff entered and completed the event!
Steve Morgan, P&A Managing Director said that he was delighted at the response from employees in signing up to make up the 45 strong team of runners, and loves the fun idea of everybody running in panda style costumes.
Another recent event was the Chester Marathon on October 8th where 23 P&A employees took part, showing true determination to finish the tough course.
Our Managing Director Steve Morgan and Fencing & Timber Buildings Manager, John Vaughan are taking part in a number of tough challenges across the year, which will see them complete a total distance of 1000 miles each.
Many of our employees have and will join them along the way on some of these challenges and already we have achieved so much.
- Manchester Marathon - One of our biggest achievements this year so far, 25 of us ran and completed Manchester Marathon... That’s 100% success and many of the runners then didn’t think they’d be able to do it but… they did it.
- Slateman Triathlon - Steve and John completed the tough Slateman Triathlon in May, with a swim surrounded with mountains, a bike course in the heart of the Snowdonia and a run through a slate quarry
- Walking All Over Cancer - A group of employees took on the challenge of 'Walking All Over Cancer' by completing 10,000 steps a day.
- It's A Knockout - A number of us took part in an It's A Knockout event at Ysgol Maesglas in Holywell, with two teams taking part in the fun.
- Charity Golf Day - We held a Golf Day at Pwll Glass near Ruthin where we raised a further £300 for CRUK.
- Snowman Triathlon - Manager John Vaughan and Online Marketing Coordinator Sorin Tudorut completed the Snowman Triathlon, one of the UK's toughest triathlons in the heart of Snowdonia National Park in July.
- Tour de Mon - Steve and John completed the Tour de Mon in August, a cycle sportive which took them around the picturesque island of Anglesey.
- Ironman Wales - Steve & John returned as 'Ironmen' after completing the grueling 140 mile route that is Ironman Wales, a tough yet spectacular course set along the stunning Pembrokeshire coastline in September.
- Sandman Triathlon - Steve, Sorin & John all completed The Sandman Triathlon in September, again on the beautiful island of Anglesey, part of this challenging 44 mile route took them along beaches for the running stages.
- Chester Marathon - 23 P&A employees took part, showing true determination to finish the tough course.
- Flintshire 10k - 45 employees completed the Flintshire 10k road race.
Managing Director Steve Morgan said: “I am so proud of all of our staff who have committed themselves to taking part in these tough challenges."
“It has been a huge challenge, but knowing we are able to raise money for such a good cause makes it all worthwhile.”
We chose Cancer Research UK as our chosen charity as many of our staff and close friends of P&A have faced the impact of cancer. Also, one member of our staff is currently undertaking treatment and we want to show our support.
The fundraising is also in memory of Howard Hughes who worked at P&A who passed away last year.
By taking part in these challenges not only has it made us fitter and work better as a motivated team but we will be making a heartfelt contribution to CRUK that we hope will make a difference…