Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
I have decided to run the Vitality Big Half Marathon on March 10th 2019, the London Marathon on April 28th and the Adidas Thunder Run on July 20th & 21st to raise funds and awareness to support the White Lodge Centre.
I visited White Lodge when i was offered a place in the London Marathon by them and i took my son Grayson with me. What i saw was an amazing group of volunteers supporting disabled people of all ages.
When i left i felt humbled and whilst putting Grayson back in the car i cried because i realised that i could do something to help so many people and hopefully make my son proud at the same time.
It costs £2.5m to run the White Lodge Centre every year so i am honoured to try to raise some money towards that by running a few races for them in 2019.
Some numbers that i have been given state that :-
- £25 could provide a play worker to support a disabled child for half a day at a specialist holiday play scheme
- £50 could provide one session in the hydrotherapy pool for a disabled child or adult
- £100 could provide two physiotherapy sessions for a disabled child or adult
- £250 could provide a drumming workshop for 20 disabled teenagers
- £500 could help to run the parent & Toddler group for disabled children for one month
- £1000 could help to run the parents support group for one month
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.