Thanks very much for visiting this JustGiving page.
I am doing the Edinburgh Marathon on 28 May 2017. It's in memory of my cousin and dear friend, Gordon Easton, who lived with the effects of MS for over 35 years. It gradually robbed him of virtually all his faculties, though never his sense of humour or love of music. Gordon was 50 years old, when he died. I will be 50 this year. It feels like the time is right to run two marathons (first and last).
Our shared taste in music will keep me going, through the preparation - and on the day, I hope. I'll have a playlist of about 5 hours of music, with a lyrical journey starting at "We all came out to Montreux", referencing the fact that (of course) "he always beat me at Subbuteo", and going as far as "You don't have to worry 'cause takin' care of business is his name."
I'll try and keep in mind that a marathon, on its own, is a straightforward exercise. As Neil Peart has said (and Gordon and I witnessed together several times): "Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations."
£5,000 seems a bold total but it contains appropriate numbers and there's no point in aiming low.
I'm really grateful for any support you can give to help the important work of MS Society Scotland.
- £10 could help provide vital information leaflets about MS.
- £50 could answer 10 calls to MS Society Scotland's Freephone helpline.
- £150 could provide 100 information publications to people affected by MS.
- £300 could support five hours of research about MS.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.
1. Smoke on the Water (Deep Purple) ('Made in Japan' version)
2. Overture / Temples of Syrinx (Rush)
3. Loving You Sunday Morning (Scorpions)
4. The Boys are Back in Town (Thin Lizzy)
5. Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits) ('Alchemy' Live version)
6. R30 Overture (Rush)
7. Armed and Ready (Michael Schenker Group) (MSG)
8. Take it off the top (The Dixie Dregs) (Friday Rockshow Theme)
9. Whole Lotta Rosie (AC/DC)
10. Rock 'n' Roll (Led Zeppelin)
11. Highway Star (Deep Purple) ('Made in Japan' version)
12. My Perfect Cousin (The Undertones)
13. Ghost Rider (Rush)
14. Neon Knights (Black Sabbath)
15. Rock 'n' Roll Dalmation (AC/DC)
16. Xanadu (Rush)
17. Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V) ('Wish You Were Here' version)
18. Bounty Hunter (Molly Hatchet)
19. Straight Forward (Mama's Boys) (Live at Reading 1983 - from the Friday Rock Show (FRS))
20. Long Way from Home (Whitesnake)
21. Might Just Take Your Life (Deep Purple)
22. Mars Bars (The Undertones)
23. Theme One (Van der Graaf Generator) (Theme for the Friday Night Connection on FRS
24. This Planet's on Fire (Sammy Hagar)
25. Shoot Shoot (UFO)
26. Jailbreak (Thin Lizzy)
27. Woman from Tokyo (Deep Purple)
28. Wheels of Steel (Saxon)
29. Gimme all your lovin' (ZZ Top - from Live at Donnington - FRS - 1984)
30. Emerald (Thin Lizzy)
31. Beneath, Between and Behind (Rush)
32. Coast to Coast (Scorpions)
33. Stargazer (Rainbow)
34. Return of the Prince (Rush)
35. Bacchus Plateau (Rush)
36. Perfect Strangers (Deep Purple)
37. Demon (Mama's Boys - Live at Reading 1983 - FRS)
38. Gambler (Whitesnake)
39. La Villa Strangiato (Rush)
40. Freebird (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
41. Black Rose (Thin Lizzy)
42. Man on the Silver Mountain (Rainbow)
43. Back in Black (AC/DC)
44. Ain't no love in the heart of the city (Whitesnake)
45. Still I'm Sad (Rainbow)
46. Ulcer (MSG)
47. Searching for a Reason (MSG)
48.Between Sun and Moon (Rush)
49. The Zoo (Scorpions)
50. Runaway Dreams (Mama's Boys)
51. Secret Touch (Rush)
52. The Wild, the Willing and the Innocent (UFO)
53. Communication Breakdown (Led Zeppelin)
54. Still in Love with You (Thin Lizzy)
55. Everybody Wants Some! (Van Halen)
56. Far Cry (Rush)
57. Are You Ready? (Thin Lizzy)
58. A Passage to Bangkok (Rush)
59. Space Station No. 5 (Sammy Hagar)
60. The Sweater Song (Weezer)
61. The Stumble (John Mayall Bluesbreakers)
62. Do anything you want to (Thin Lizzy)
63. Burn (Deep Purple)
64. Trouble (Whitesnake)
65. Would I Lie to You? (Whitesnake)
66. Highway to Hell (AC/DC)
67. Lights Out (UFO)
68. Hells Bells (AC/DC)
69. Chains Chains (UFO)
70. Seven Cities of Gold (Rush)
71. Baby Drives Me Crazy (Thin Lizzy)
72. Headlong Flight (Rush)
73. Grand Finale (Rush) (from 2112)
74. Jesus Just Left Chicago (ZZ Top)