My mother-in-law, Jen, has Alzheimers and seeing her succumb to this disease over the last five years has been heart breaking, especially for my wife, Wendy and her sister, Sue. Whenever they are with their mother they see her in body but not in mind. Here are some stats:
- Over 850,000 people are living with Dementia in
the UK and that number is rapidly rising.
- At £24 billion each year, dementia costs the UK
economy more than cancer and heart disease combined but over two thirds of the
care for Dementia patients is paid for by themselves or their family.
- £20 could fund one hour of vital research
- £50 could provide access to specialist equipment
for studying cells
- £120 could support complex protein analysis
- £300 could pay for a genetic test to help
identify risk gene
Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page. I know that you'll most likely, as I do, get many requests for donations so, please give if you can and don't worry if you can't.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.