Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page!
Why am I doing this?
On the 12th May 2018 it'll be 21 years since my mum passed away from cancer. I was two and a half years old and my brother was 5 years old. Last year I decided to do a "Brave The Shave" for Macmillan Cancer Support and raised a massive £1000!! I was astonished and warmed with the generosity and support of friends, family and total strangers. BUT, I thought.. why stop there? So I have decided to raise awareness and money for a different charity each year, and this year I've chosen Alzheimer's Research UK, a truly worthy cause. Every three minutes someone in the UK develops dementia. It shatters lives and leaves millions heartbroken. But fortunately something can be done.
Through raising money, it gives Alzheimer's Research UK the funding to support 1,000 researchers around the UK. Every pound counts.
- £10 could buy 100 microscope slides, which are essential and used every day by scientists studying dementia.
- £50 will help run the Dementia Research Infoline for two hours, helping to improve the lives of people living with Dementia.
- £300 will pay for a high-tech brain scan for a patient involved in a research study, tracking the effectiveness of new drug treatments and improving diagnosis.
So, what am I doing?
- Starting off on Friday 11th I'll be sitting in my kitchen with my family getting ready to brave the shave! I'll share the moment by posting it on Facebook as a public live post so anyone who supported can watch too.
- Saturday the 12th I'll be putting on my running shoes and doing a half marathon round Lincoln, posting my Strava results so you can see where I've been. I best swap the cakes in the cupboard for fruit perhaps!
- Finishing off on the Sunday I'll be doing a tandem sky dive at Hibaldstow partly funded through the sponsorship's. Not a great time to admit to being slightly scared of heights.. Ahhh!
So please join me in raising money for a charity that really helps people and families in crucial times. In return you get to see me as a "slap head" huffing and puffing round Lincoln to probably vomitting down on the earth the next day. Who's in with me!?
Thanks in advance!! Much Love, Ryan :)
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.