Solving Kids' Cancer

Vanessa's Appeal

Fundraising for Solving Kids’ Cancer UK
raised of £400,000 target
by 3884 supporters
Donations cannot currently be made to this page
Event: Vanessa Moss Campaign, from 24 September 2014 to 24 September 2016
We fund research and support families to access clinical trials for children.



“Dear friends - we are so grateful for your tremendous support in raising funds for Vanessa's treatment at MSKCC. Vanessa did start the planned trial and progressed through more than half of the immunotherapy treatment, but sadly her cancer has relapsed and we are now off the trial. We have decided to suspend fund raising for Vanessa's Solving Kids’ Cancer appeal for now” - the Moss family.


The NCCA UK (now Solving Kids' Cancer) is launching an urgent Appeal for Vanessa Moss. Below her father Parker explains why:

“Vanessa is 6 and has been fighting for her life since 2012. Since her diagnosis with stage 4 neuroblastoma, one of the most aggressive childhood cancers, Vanessa has endured 26 months of treatment at Great Ormond Street. She spent 17 months as an in-patient, where she underwent chemotherapy, a bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, 3 major surgeries and immunotherapy. Her suffering has been indescribable and more than any child should endure - but she stayed positive and gave Anna and I hope when we were most down.  Have a look at this one minute video which shows how she faced up to her first year of treatment... it was humbling to all of us.

Vanessa finally reached remission a few months ago and has been back at school, building her strength and self-confidence and she is so proud of the beautiful brown hair that has finally regrown long enough to plait.  It’s been a happy time for our family… but this happiness was not to endure.

On her final end of treatment scan in January 2015 we were heartbroken to learn that Vanessa has relapsed again, this time with an inoperable tumour in her skull. She now faces another year of chemotherapy, followed by more radiotherapy or potentially proton therapy, and lastly immunotherapy. It is this last stage that promises some hope of stopping an endless cycle of toxic treatment and relapse.  However, currently the only treatment available for Vanessa is in New York at Sloane Kettering.

This week we were meant to remove the line that accesses her heart, which has prevented her from being submerged or going swimming since she was 4. Instead this week we will be cropping-short hair the brown hair she has been so proud to regrow. We've learned that this saves her the indignity of it falling out in clumps, as the chemo kicks in.  We are reaching out to our friends, our family and the public to support us with raising money for her treatment in New York. We need to raise several hundred thousand dollars. Your generosity will help to give Vanessa a chance to grow up with her sisters and find happiness again outside of hospital.'

Her parents, Parker and Anna greatly appreciate any support.

To read more about Vanessa visit our website:

Appeal Terms and Conditions

All donations are paid into Solving Kids' Cancer's general funds to further its general charitable purposes. The funds raised by this Appeal are not restricted for the child's use. However, the trustees of Solving Kids' Cancer have agreed to designate 93% of funds raised by this Appeal to help the child and their family pay for treatment costs and all other associated costs including travel and accommodation. We will use the remaining 7% to pay for Solving Kids' Cancer's administrative and fundraising costs. If the child o longer needs the funds, if the fundraising target is exceeded or insufficient funds are raised to fund the treatment, or if the trustees decide, at their absolute discretion, that the funds should be used for a different purpose, they may redesignate all or part of the 93% for Solving Kids' Cancer's general charitable purposes.  We are very grateful for your charitable donation.

For further information about Solving Kids' Cancer and how we spend donations, please see our FAQs.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity. So it’s the most efficient way to donate – saving time and cutting costs for the charity. 

About the charity

Donations are paid into Solving Kids' Cancer’s general funds for our charitable activities. We help families affected by neuroblastoma through the provision of support and information; as well as investing in research and advocating for access to better treatment

Donation summary

Total raised
+ £50,267.09 Gift Aid
Online donations
Offline donations

* Charities pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.