This summer Capt Adam Hugill and Lt Ollie Bambrick will be cycling just over 1000km to raise as much money for the military charity SSAFA.
They will be leaving London on the 30 July and will be heading through Belgium, Luxembourg and finishing under the Eiffel Tower in Paris on the 10 August. Along the route they will be visiting key locations during both world wars such as the Menin Gate in Ypres, Dunkirk and Bastogne.
The challenge is going to be that bit more testing as they will be completely unsupported throughout. They will be surviving on a diet of baguettes, brie and jam and washing in any river they find along the way. Each night they will be sleeping under a hasty shelter to reduce the costs.
All of your sponsorship money will go to SSAFA and will have a real impact on those in the forces community when they are in real need. The challenge is completely self funded by both Adam and Ollie.
With the money raised, SSAFA can offer a range of support services:
· Ensure their services overseas and in the UK are maintained and developed.
· Recruit volunteers to spend time with families and serving personnel.
· Support Stepping Stones homes for young families coping with change.
· Support national awareness campaigns to reach those in need.
· Run National support groups for bereaved families and families of injured service personnel.
Thank you you for taking the time to look at our just giving page. Please support us in the best way possible by donating generously.