As a group of Y11 students, for our final year at our school we wanted to do something very special together and complete the Three Peaks Challenge, whilst raising money to donate to a cause that's not only great but also hits a lot of us very close to home. We are all very different kids, but we all have something in common and that's wanting to raise money for a very special cause and make a difference...
- Steven is walking for his grandad.
- Owen is walking for his uncle and grandad.
- Jack is walking for of his great uncle and great auntie.
- Travis is walking for his grandma.
- Chris is walking for his grandma and grandad.
- Adam is walking for his cousin.
- Faye is walking for her grandad and dog.
- Beth is walking for her grandma.
- Niamh is walking for her grandma.
- George is walking for his grandma
- Mack, Ellie and James are walking in memory of all those affected.
- Mr Miller is walking for his grandma and a friend.
- Miss Kershaw is walking for her family and friends
The challenge is to walk the Three Peaks of Pen-y-ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough, which is a 24-mile trek. The walk is going to take place on Saturday 28 April 2018. Our first aim is to complete all three peaks and if we can do it in under 12 hours, well that's even better. We're taking it seriously, and we're going to Pendle Hill on 17 March to do our hill training with a trained guide. It's going to be gruelling and tough, but nowhere near as tough as losing a loved one.
We're ambitious and hope to raise £2,000. A massive thank you to those who have already made a donation; we really appreciate it. Please help in supporting us in our attempt to make a difference.
All our love,
Airedale Academy's Class of 2018 - wish us luck!