Follow my blog on http://sailing.coner.me.uk
As many of you already know, I am soon embarking on a sailing challenge joining Team Unicef in the Clipper Round the World ocean sailing race. The race starts on Sunday 30th August 2015 from London and I will be joining the boat in Airlie Beach, Australia in January 2016 to sail to Da Nang, Vietnam then Qingdao, China and across the Pacific Ocean to finish in Seattle, USA at the end of April 2016.
I have set up this JustGiving page to raise funds for Unicef and would be very appreciative if you would help me raise for Unicef in their work with Children across the world.
Please make a little donation if you can, for those children suffering under war, famine, economic hardship and disaster.
Some key facts about Unicef:
- Unicef vaccinate 40% of the worlds children - 3 billion vaccines annually
- Unicef work in more than 190 countries
- Unicef is the world’s leading children’s organisation, ensuring more children are fed, vaccinated,educated and protected than any other organisation.
- In 2014, Unicef responded to 294 humanitarian situations in 98 countries to help keep children and their families safe. When an emergency strikes, Unicef is on the ground to provide clean water, medicines and protection to children in danger
- Unicef provides 80 per cent of the world’s life-saving emergency food