1. I trained throughout winter and everything did hurt. It also hurt on the day. And the day after.
2. I went at least 46 seconds quicker, running 3 hours 52 minutes and 50 seconds. 486 seconds quicker actually.
3. Thanks to everyone's kind sponsorship and support on the day I raised some money to help make children's dreams come true.
Thanks to everyone that sponsored me, Russell / Pete for organising everything and a scary combination of my wife and my mother bellowing at me near the end!
Thank you for visiting my fundraising page.
On Sunday April 26th it's the 2009 London Marathon. Having managed to complete the course in 2008 without the use of Taxis, I'm returning for another 26 mile sightseeing tour.
1. I really like training in the winter and making everything hurt.
2. To go at least 46 seconds quicker, as I want to improve on last year's time of 4 hours and 45 seconds. I'm sure their clock was running a bit fast...
3. Most importantly, to once again try and make children's dreams come true by raising some money for a very small, but extremely worthy local charity - Wishes 4 Kids.
Based in Leicester, Wishes 4 Kids is run by a handful of dedicated people who rely completely on fundraising to grant the wishes of children. A wish costs around 700 pounds to fulfil, so if I can raise enough money to grant two wishes that would be fantastic.
Since running last year, I've personally seen how the money I raised in 2008 was spent and with your help I am determined to help them continue their great work in 2009. It might all be economic doom and gloom at the moment, but anything you can give will make a difference to the lives of these children.
The six people that made up the 2008 Wishes 4 Kids team all ran in lurid orange shorts and vests, but this year it's purple. Purple's more my colour but I'm hoping the shorts are a bit longer this time!
Donating through Justgiving is quick, easy and totally secure. It’s also the most efficient way to sponsor me: Wishes 4 Kids gets your money faster and, if you’re a UK taxpayer, Justgiving makes sure 25% in Gift Aid, plus a 3% supplement, are added to your donation.
Gregg's employer, Microsoft, have generously pledged to double any funds that he raises. For every penny or pound kindly sponsored, Uncle Bill Gates and his software empire will give him another one. Nice one, Bill!
Last year I wore a rather itchy and wet orange wig after reaching my sponsorship total, and I am open to ideas should I reach my target this year!
That's it! Thanks for reading my message.
I hope you can help me support Wishes 4 Kids by sponsoring me now,