Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
As my friends will know I've been quite active on the social media front with running posts and after watching the London Marathon on TV I couldn't help but think for the first time how much of an experience it would be to take part. After much deliberation I decided that I would apply for a charity place, what better way to enjoy something I love than to raise money at the same time.
I received the fantastic news last week that I had been given the opportunity to run in the London Marathon 2018 on behalf of Cats Protection and progress one of my life goals. Anyone who knows me will be aware that I adore cats and the Milton Keynes branch is all run by volunteers in their spare time and own homes. All your kind donations will go towards helping cats who are desperately in need of your support.
Every cat is given a health check, blood test, inoculations, microchipping and neutering where necessary, which costs an average of £150 per cat. Cats stay for as long as it takes to find them loving new homes and this vital care is only possible due to cat lovers like you.
- £2 could feed two cats for a day.
- £5 Malnourished, sick, injured: many lost cats arrive in a terrible state. Your gift could help give them all the veterinary treatment, food and care they need to recover from their ordeal.
- £10 can help provide specialist milk to keep a litter of orphaned kittens alive. In the first few weeks, kittens will need a feed every few hours.
- £15 could buy a cosy igloo for a cat to curl up in.
- £30*could help pay toward vaccinating 11 cats against deadly flu, enteritis and FeLV. Cat flu can reach epidemic proportions and if left untreated it can cause blindness and even kill.*Anyone who donates £30 can choose any song for me to listen to on my run*
- £50**could help pay towards the cost of a dental operation ir help neuter a feral cat.**Anyone who donates £50 can choose any two songs for me to listen to on my run**
Raising funds for Cats Protection is a challenger in itself but with your donation I'm really confident of achieving my target. I have never completed a distance over a Half Marathon and so I'll keep you all posted with my training throughout the year
You can TEXT 70070 to donate to this appeal - TEXT MEOW68 followed by the amount you with to donate. For example MEOW68 £5 to donate £5
You can also help the cause just by making your everyday purchases online via GoRaise. Every time you shop online, retailers donate a percentage of what you spend to your chosen cause, There are over 3,000 retailers to choose from such as Argos, John Lewis, Sainsburys and eBay.
Please click on www.goraise.co.uk/BenMunns to help my achieve my target
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.